We are Manufacturer, Supplier, Exporter of Surge Protection Capacitors. This product is also known as Surge Capacitors, Surge Suppression Capacitors, Surge Suppressor Capacitors, Resistance Surge Suppressor Capacitors, RC / CR Surge Protection Capacitors. Our setup is situated in Sangli, Maharashtra, India.
Surge Protection Capacitors (Surge Capacitors)
Surge capacitors are also known as RC Surge Suppressor, CR Surge Suppressor or Surge Suppressor.
Marxelec Surge capacitors are designed with latest technology and manufactured in clean environment as per international cleanliness standards. Raw materials are sourced from reputed overseas and genuine manufacturers. The specialty of our Surge capacitors is low loss, longer life, environment friendly, leak-free termination and highly reliable quality in addition to compliance to international standards. Capacitor dielectric is bi-axially oriented hazy film (BOPP), electrode is pure aluminum foil having purity 99% and above and oil is NPCB (All film or APP dielectric).
When surge capacitors are connected with external non inductive resistor in series with capacitor, it will become a RC or CR surge suppressor. The surge suppressors are to be connected at very close possible distance from the equipment to be protected. Also Surge arrester is used in conjunction with CR surge suppressor to reduce front steepness of impulse which is advantageous to protect HT motor windings.
Surge capacitors are used for following applications,
- High frequency transient over voltage surge suppression,
- Protection of HT motors, transformers, switchgears and generators from steep wave-front, short rise time, high magnitude spikes, surges and other transient voltages due to switching, lightening
- Surface mining ( iron ore, copper, coal, other)
- Chemical industry
- Induction and Arc furnaces
- Underground mining (gold, coal, and platinum other)
- Power generation and transmission sub stations (Generators, power station auxiliaries)
- Pumping (Oil pipelines, water pumping stations)
Our present manufacturing range is,
- Output – up to 1uf with series resistor, Single phase or three phase.
- Voltage – 40kV, Single phase or three phase.
- BIL – up to 250kVp single unit or with base insulators
(Other ratings are available as per customer’s specifications)